This month's crystal grid includes a variation of one of the most prominent contemporary sacred geometry symbols, Metatron's cube.
If you're not familiar with this symbol, it is a complex two-dimensional geometric figure made up of 13 equal circles with lines from the center of each circle extending out to the centers of the other 12 circles. This figure encompasses several shapes that are fundamental to sacred geometry, including the five Platonic solids, which are believed to be the building blocks of organic life.
- Tetrahedron – Consisting of four triangular faces, the tetrahedron represents the element of Fire. It symbolizes balance and stability, as it is the simplest of the solids and can stand on any face.
- Cube (or Hexahedron) – Made up of six square faces, the cube represents the element of Earth. It's associated with solidity, stability, and groundedness, reflecting the qualities attributed to the earth element.
- Octahedron – With eight triangular faces, the octahedron represents the element of Air. It is linked to intellect, communication, and balance. The dual of the tetrahedron, the octahedron, stands for the harmonious balance between the physical and spiritual.
- Dodecahedron – Comprising twelve pentagonal faces, the dodecahedron is associated with the universe or ether (spirit). It symbolizes mystery and meditation, representing the complexity of the universe.
- Icosahedron – Made up of twenty triangular faces, the icosahedron represents the element of Water. It is connected with fluidity, adaptability, creativity, and emotions, much like the qualities ascribed to water.
In sacred geometry, these shapes are believed to be the building blocks of the universe, with each solid corresponding to one of the above mentioned elements.
In crystal meditation or grid placement, Metatron's cube can be utilized with a simple and direct approach. Placements on the 13 circles allow multiple pathways of connection to a primary central crystal. The harmonious structure and perfect symmetry of this design is believed to amplify both charging or cleansing of crystals. A fantastic example of a cleansing crystal is selenite, which when connected to others in crystal grid work, is believed to reset and potentially bind another crystal to a person's unique energy.
We hope you've enjoyed learning about this symbol, or if you're already familiar with it, find this variation of Metatron's cube useful in your crystal work and meditative journey.